Search engine ranking is the focal point of almost every marketing campaign these days. But you don’t have to be a search engine optimization (SEO) expert to successfully launch your site to the top of search engine rankings. These plugins can help give your WordPress blog the attention it deserves.
- All-in-One SEO Pack — This plugin is must for every blog. The standard version is free and provides support for Google Analytics, automatically generates meta tags, warns against duplicate content, and much more.
- Google XML Sitemaps — A sitemap helps web crawlers spider your site, logging it for inclusion in search engine results. Unless you’re an advanced web developer, however, chances are you aren’t familiar with how to create an XML Sitemap. This plugin does the work for you, making it another must-have for the WordPress user.
- Google Site Verification — This plugin lets you verify your site without leaving WordPress. After verifying your blog, you can then begin watching statistics and diagnostics in your Google Webmaster Tools account.
- SEO Rank Reporter — Keep an eye on your site’s most popular keywords with this tool, which provides a useful graph every three days to report the success of the keywords you’ve input. The graph will tell you how many visits you received based on certain keywords, allowing you to adjust your SEO strategy to match the search words visitors are using.
- SEO Friendly Images — Add alt and title attributes to your images to provide even more search engine exposure. You input the settings and the plugin does the work, adding text where you need it to provide extra text when a user scrolls over an image in your content.
It’s important not to load your WordPress account down with too many plugins to avoid problems. But having these plugins allows you to automate the process of ensuring your blog is search-engine ready, letting you concentrate on creating good content.